Many people we know have shoes they don’t use. And then, there are people who are in desperate need for gently-used shoes! Shoecyclists are the link between the givers and the getters!
It’s very efficient – We ask for shoe donations and people happily give shoes AND blessings!
It’s totally free – No fundraising ever!
It’s highly effective – We have talked to numerous agencies – homeless shelters, soup kitchens. schools in underprivileged areas and they all welcome this idea.
It’s incredibly rewarding – You really need to give a pair to a homeless person to see it feels!
Reach out to us Shoecyclist@gmail.com
- Be a leader in a student volunteer organization. Start your own Shoecyclist Chapter in your city or open a club in your school.
- Print the Shoecyclist Flyer and collect shoes in your neighborhood. You can ask your classmates to donate gently used pairs. Send an email out on Nextdoor and generous people will drop shoes at your doorstep! One thing we have learned is that people are happy to give gently used and new shoes for a good cause!
- Sort the shoes and donate the gently-used shoes to one of the several organizations in your area. Just call your local homeless shelters and you will be overwhelmed by the response. You can find Bay Area, CA here.
- Take pictures. Encourage others to do the same. We will share these images with the world – on your own page on the website as well as Shoecyclist Facebook page.
- Pat yourself on the back. You just made a strong impact on your environment and our community.